X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • porkie
    • Oct 2005

parklandplastic

Good Day: Just set up my panny 900, for the time now I am just using the wall in my rec. room ,pretty impressive now I am looking into setting up a wall mounted screen. I have checked out Parklandplastic and they have screens 5x10 available in white only, my question is anyone using this product is there any reflection coming off screen or are they finished in a matte finish, do they have to be painted with DDog any feed back would be welcomed. I would also like to find out on how to build some sort of curtain system that I could raise and lower depending on the format. Thanks in advance. P.S. Whar a great site and I will contine on reading to see what info I can find.
  • robfive
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by porkie
    ...is there any reflection coming off screen or are they finished in a matte finish, do they have to be painted with DDog any feed back would be welcomed.
    Parkland Plastic is matte white. One side is smooth and the other has a slight texture. I use the side with the slight texture and without any paint, additives, or preservatives. There are no problems with hot spotting or reflections.

My screen is 65" and I light it up with an Optoma H30.

Comment

• porkie
      • Oct 2005

Hi : Did you mount right on to your wall or did you frame it? thanks for your reply

Comment

• robfive
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by porkie
        Hi : Did you mount right on to your wall or did you frame it? thanks for your reply
        I used 3M adhesive spray, something like Super 70 I believe, to mount it to a piece of pegboard cut the same size. Then I attached that to a boarder of oak 1"x2"s painted black. Parkland Plastic really cannot support itself. I think the only way to support it is to glue it to something more stable; like pegboard, plywood, masonite, etc.

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

There is a huge Parkland thread at AVS.

Comment

• robfive
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chasw98
            There is a huge Parkland thread at AVS.
            Quite right. That is where I got all the information for my screen. Lots of good info.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"