Orion, Arvo, Mante K, Bob II, or something else...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mante
    • Jul 2004

Orion, Arvo, Mante K, Bob II, or something else...

I hope to finally start my dipole speakers this month. Any recommendations on which speakers to build? Sound quality is the most important attribute, cost second (within reason). I have a DCX and six channels of amplification with a room 14x20.

I do not have measurement equipment, but I could take the speakers to Madisound for analysis.

Thank you for your advice.

Craig
  • RonS
    • Jul 2004

I'm very close to finishing my DCX based 3 way dipole. I'm using the Vifa XT tweeter, 2 HiVi M8A mids and 2 Madisound 1252DVC woofers (no longer available) in each speaker. I will be trying out the Seas 27TDFC tweeter as well, but don't expect much change in the crossover. I can share the crossover file with you once it's finished if you'd like. So far it sounds really good in mono (still have to finish the woofer section for one speaker). My avatar on the left shows an early version of the mid/tweeter section, which sits on top of an H frame woofer section.

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Oh, well, you won't want to build any of those, you'll want to wait for the new Isiris! (New, coming soon, better than ever, not too big, either! Well, relatively. Not cheap, though) Should only be a year or two away....

Just kidding. At the rate I'm getting things done, you shouldn't pay any attention to anything I say.

But all the drivers are on order or here already, including the waveguides I'm going to try. Still, just ask ThomasW, I'm not a well man, or to be trusted.

~Jon

PS. Yes, I did just get home from the CES show, and I'm more than a bit tired, and somewhat loopy.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"