X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madclown99
    • Jul 2005

Resistors?

I've been searching the forum for info, but came up with only a dead link to Madisound's forum. Are Mills resistors worth the extra $$?

I can see using them if all high quality components were used in a XO, such as PE AudioCaps, but I'll just be using Solen/GE caps, Solen inductors.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Actually I think so, the primary reason being that the tolerance of the generic noninductive resistors (PE for example) aren't that close to spec. The Mills I've measured were dead on.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• TacoD
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2004

So you can buy some extra cheap mox resistors and match them? Or is thermal tracking of mill's also better.

Comment

• madclown99
        • Jul 2005

Thanks for the quick replies, guys

I've been spending so much time reading here that I forgot about diyaudio's forum :Z

Here's a link related to this topic:

I've been using the Eagle brand from Madison. I am not sure if they are good but in your opinions, what are the best out there?

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I haven't done anything other than a quickie measurement with a high-end DMM.

We don't have time for DIYaudo's level of debate. We're to busy building speakers ... :wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• madclown99
            • Jul 2005

:B

I should've read the whole thread before posting it above. It was 90% useless banter, 10% discussion. Sorry, folks! A newbie mistake - won't happen again...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"