X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazar
    • Dec 2005

Tweeter Help???

I came across some tweeter from a local electronic parts store. After searching around on the net I found that they are from athena S1 bookshelf speakers. I am very new to the DIY world and have very little experience with speaker building. I am not sure if these speakers are worth purchasing, they are around $8 each. If anyone has any input or can offer some good advice for using these speakers it would be much apreciated. The number on back of the speaker is 5DR//53097 if that helps. Here is a link to the speakers Athena S1

Thanks in advance
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

They're a custom made driver built somewhere in the pacific rim. It will cost a lot more than $8 to get the information necessary to use them.

One needs the T/S (Thiele/Small) parameters on any driver before they can be used.

Also unlike car audio one can't simply pick any tweeter put it with any woofer and end up with a decent home speaker.

You'll be much better off if you make a proven design by a known engineer. Look at the sticky treads for some examples

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"