X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIM
    • Jan 2006

WMTW again

Dear Sirs.
    I want to try WMTW (220 l. BR box) configurations with Scan-Speak drivers: 21W/8555-00, 15M/4531-G00 and 2904/7100. What do you think about this? Is it a good choice?

P.S. I have SE tube amp. P out = 7 W., 0.6Hz – 45 kHz (-3 dB) zero NFB, and 1 Ohm Rout.
    P.P.S. sorry for my English…

WBR, Dmitry.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sorry but your amp simply doesn't have enough power to operate those speakers.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• DIM
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
      Sorry but your amp simply doesn't have enough power to operate those speakers.
      My Amp has enough power for Mirage M1! And I am listening it about 0.1 W.

It have non classical schematic and VERY high energy.

WBR, Dmitry.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DIM
        My Amp has enough power for Mirage M1! And I am listening it about 0.1 W.

It have non classical schematic and VERY high energy.

WBR, Dmitry.

I think the speaker choice is fine- but why not use a WWMT format? I guess it makes sense to use dual woofers if you're set on that HUGE enclosure. Also, since you listen at such low listening levels, and you don't mind bigger enclosures, I'm curious why you would choose dual eight inchers when a single 10 or 12" woofer will go lower in a similar or even smaller ported enclosure? Also, single ended tube amps don't like 3-4 ohm speakers, especially in the bass, so a parallel connection is out. Therefore, only a series connection would work resulting in about 16ohms, but no greater sensitivity. Depending on what order crossover you use and how you align the speaker drivers' offsets, you might even see more of a dip in impedance too. I'd recommend modeling a test in speakerworkshop before you proceed to see if the impedance response is to your liking. Personally, WMT with higher sensitivity drivers should be better for low wattage single ended tube amps. That's what I would do.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

My Amp has enough power for Mirage M1! And I am listening it about 0.1 W
          Must be a unique listening experience with speakers that are 82dB with 2.83V/1m....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• DIM
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
            Must be a unique listening experience with speakers that are 82dB with 2.83V/1m....
            It’s no joke! But the best sound quality I has with a Montana WAS…
            Let’s talk ONLY about this speaker project. :W

Comment

• DIM
              • Jan 2006

Sorry for my uninteresting question.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"