X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derekbannatyne
    • Jan 2006

Dayton DVC DIY?

Hey I'm new to here and DIY in general. I currently have a Panasonic HTIB with a sub that only goes down to 45hz, and it leaves me longing for something better. Well I'm selling that set to a friend and have upgraded the speakers to the Athena Point 5s and the Onkyo TX-SR503, which should be here next week. I don't want to shell out a lot of money for a good sub, so I've decided to go DIY. I think I've secured a deal on the 250w sub amp from Parts Express for $80 and maybe the 15" Dayton DVC for the same price. I don't really have the biggest space to put this woofer (about 22x25x25in), so I may have to go sealed. What kind of extension can I get sealed? I want something that's musical and accurate, not boomy, but I also want something that will have that visceral punch for movies. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You can model the anechoic response using any of the computer based subwoofer design programs.

Boomy is usually more a function of the room/room placement than it is a characteristic of the driver.

The DVC 15" is a virtual drop-in replacement for the Adire Tempest in any of Adires recommended enclosures.

You can find the Adire Tempest apps in the link below

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• derekbannatyne
      • Jan 2006

I'm thinking of a 23" cube with 1.5" mdf sides, which would give it a 4.63ft^3 internal volume. Would this be sufficent for good extension to 20hz?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"