X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimGore
    • Dec 2005

Excel W22EX response spike

Hi all.

How do I take care of the 5kHz response spike of the W22? I have tried searching google for notch filter, LCR, etc, etc, but can't really get anything solid. What I am really looking for is some kind of formula that will give me the values of the components I need for this.

Also, what impact will the other crossover components have on the notch filter if these were to be changed?

I am not sure if this makes any difference, but I am leaning towards 2nd order LR filter for this driver.

Thanks,
    Jim.

EDIT: Sorry, I am talking about the seas W22EX001 magnesium cone driver.
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

A notch consisting of a coil, capicitor and resistor will do the trick: LCR 0.15 mH - 7.2 uF - 5,6 ohm. The notch is @ 4800 Hz ( Q= 0.8 ) Calculated by lspCAD for the real measured impedance of the W22. It is important to get these exact values, so you have to compose the 7.2 uF capicitor from smaller ones.

Comment

• capslock
      • Dec 2004

This would be LCR connected in series to each other and across the driver's terminals?

It is still a voltage devider, so the depth of the notch would depend on the impedance of the series elements of the low pass section before the LCR.

Comment

• TacoD
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2004

It's a parallel notch directly at the woofer, so you're right the series elements before the LCR will influence the working of it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"