X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave D
    • Apr 2003

AMX Hacking

Hi all,

Do any resources exist for AMX/Panja system hackers? In other words, I am not a certified AMX installer but do perform routine updates to my home installation. I've got the Landmark Designer software and the necessary programming chops, but can no longer find the necessary equipment updates (e.g., IR codes). Unless I can find a community to exchange ideas and equipment files with, I'm stuck purchasing a used IR capture unit on eBay. Not cheap.

Any recommendations/links are greatly appreciated.

Dave

ps. I want to add the following equipment to my database: Rotel RSP-1098, Dish Network DVR 921, Microsoft Xbox. Thank you!!!
  • Mark Seaton
    • Aug 2001

I believe there are a few Yahoo or MSN groups where you can get a good bit of info. I know there were a couple for Crestron, not as sure for AMX.
    Mark Seaton
    "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

I thought I'd seen somewhere how to make your own IR capture unit using your mother boards IR interface and some freeware. I think it just decodes the pulses to a hex output text file, or you might get away with using a Pronto for learning and uploading to the pc for a cut & paste.
      What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"