Anyone had success with the melamine or similar plastic veneer from PE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip_g
    • Dec 2005

Anyone had success with the melamine or similar plastic veneer from PE?

I admit it, I'm lazy, and cheap. I'd like to veneer my new CC with rosewood or spray on a piano lacquer finish, but I don't feel like either.
    I couldn't turn up anything about the band-it plastic stuff, either the iron on or just the cheapo wood look-a-like, just one thread that used the wood veneer they sell, so.. has anyone tried it?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I don't know about those specific products. I've certainly made a ton of cabs with the common brands of high-pressure laminate. Formica, Wilson Art, etc...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• philip_g
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
      I don't know about those specific products. I've certainly made a ton of cabs with the common brands of high-pressure laminate. Formica, Wilson Art, etc...
      I'm not sure I should even call it laminate, it's a thin plastic sticky backed type of product, here's a link.

my mains will be PE enclosures with a cherry finish, I'm hoping this will match, at least a little.

edit: I see you're in denver as well, hola :T

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

hola' to you as well........ :T

I have some spare rolls of that I bought at wholesale and didn't use. If you want them or want to see them in person let me know.

Yes it's sort of a heavy duty, vinyl based, contact paper.

I'm located just a bit south and east of the intersection of Hampden and I-25

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• philip_g
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
          hola' to you as well........ :T

I have some spare rolls of that I bought at wholesale and didn't use. If you want them or want to see them in person let me know.

Yes it's sort of a heavy duty, vinyl based, contact paper.

I'm located just a bit south and east of the intersection of Hampden and I-25
          that's not too far, I'm in castle rock.
          Problem is I work nights so I don't get out much while the sun is still up :Z
          I like to take my XO's to work and solder them (poorly) together while it's slow

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"