X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

An idea to go with the sticky's....

I don't know is this is possible or if it's been proposed before. Have you considered creating a gallary for each sticky design so that builders can submit a picture of the final product? It seems that prospective builders are wondering if anyone has built a design. This would take care of it and create an organized location to show them off a bit.

Just thinking....

Jim
  • wildfire99
    • Aug 2005

Another thing that would be of fantastic service I think is a brief summary of the estimated final cost of the parts for each design, as well as the design goals compared to the other projects.

For instance, why would I want a Modula MTM versus the Modula MT? How much would either one cost to build? I'm sure I could find it out myself, but a little snippet on the initial post would help.
    - Patrick
    "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If I'm aware someone building one of the stickey designs, I put a link to their design at the bottom of the first post in the stickey thread.

Now I don't monitor everyones projects. So if I've missed some let me know, and I'll add links to any completed design.

Thanks
      Thomas

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JoshK
        • Mar 2005

since you guys are discussing stickeys, I thought I'd add a comment...

One thing I thought might help out is if you seperate the project info, content and people's BOM lists from the discussion about the project. So in the sticky thread you have Jon or whomever's post and a few follow up posts with added useful info and then you have another thread title "project discussion: arvo....".

I know you guys have done a lot to keep up to date info in the first post, but often there is variations and BOM's, etc that are on page 6 of a 17 page thread and I personally spend a lot of time looking for such info. Just a thought...

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Hi Thomas,

Somehow the fact that I could simply attach a picture to a post escaped me. ops: Evidently too much "Christmas cheer".

I hope you had a great Christmas.

Jim

Originally posted by ThomasW
          If I'm aware someone building one of the stickey designs, I put a link to their design at the bottom of the first post in the stickey thread.

Now I don't monitor everyones projects. So if I've missed some let me know, and I'll add links to any completed design.

Thanks
          Thomas

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"