X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Unibox question

How can I compare 2 different subs on the same graph?

For instance, say I model my Blueprint 1503 in a sealed box with 1100w and my newly aquired Atlas 12 in a ported box with 350w. Is there a way I can get both SPL plots on one graph to compare them? I've been messing around trying this for the last hour and haven't been able to figure it out. :M
  • Rudy Jakubin
    • May 2005

I use Fastone screen capture and than blend the two with Photoshop.

That's if I want a hardcopy, otherwise I quickly switch between the two windows and let persistence of vision leave an impression in memory.

Comment

• SteveCallas
      • Aug 2005

You can use WinISD Pro to do it - it has a few less features though.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
        • Nov 2004

At the bottom of UniBox should be a few tabs. Sealed, vented, PR, Bandpass, save, compare, etc. Click on the save design tab. Have one of those designs ready and click on the sealed side and save the design the your 1503. Go back and prepare your vented box in unibox. Now save the Atlas under the vented tabs in the save design. You should have both on top of the other on the same screen.
        My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• PoorboyMike
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Scott Simonian
          At the bottom of UniBox should be a few tabs. Sealed, vented, PR, Bandpass, save, compare, etc. Click on the save design tab. Have one of those designs ready and click on the sealed side and save the design the your 1503. Go back and prepare your vented box in unibox. Now save the Atlas under the vented tabs in the save design. You should have both on top of the other on the same screen.
          Thanks!

Comment

• David G
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Rudy Jakubin
            I use Fastone screen capture and than blend the two with Photoshop.

That's if I want a hardcopy, otherwise I quickly switch between the two windows and let persistence of vision leave an impression in memory.
            Rudy, can you explain how you would blend the 2 in Photoshop. I've been wanting to do this for ages.

Comment

• Curly Woods
              • Dec 2005

Password required?

I wanted add a new driver to UniBox to model, but it requested a password to do this. I guess you can not add new drivers to the program. How do you guys model new drivers that are not listed in the database?
              Mike Mastin

Comment

• Vikash
                • Nov 2005

Hi,

You don't need any software to screen capture in Windows. Just hit print screen button, then paste into Photoshop etc. Or Alt + Print Scrn to capture only current window.

David, just copy/paste the two graphs over each other into different layers. Then select the top layer and in the layers toolbox you can change the visibility (dropdown next to opacity) to 'screen' or 'multiply' or something. Play around with thes and you should get what you want.

Curly, it doesn't ask me for a password. You've probably got your Excel security settings too high. I add a new driver by going to the DDbase tab and copy/paste any existing row to a new row, change the driver name, save the spreadsheet, load the new driver name in the speaker design tab, adjust the T/S then save it.

HTH
                www.vikash.info/audio/

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

A really nice (free) screen area capture program is MWSnap 3 You can capture the whole screen or a rectangle any size you choose. Has little microscopic views of the pixel areas so you can accurately place the curser.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• David G
                    • Jan 2005

Thanks Vikash - worked a treat.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"