X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdelrossi
    • Dec 2005

Calling all Torontonians

I'll be in TO for the holidays and would like a few recommendations for both diy speaker parts shops and good listening rooms (not future shop).
    I've been to TO several times as my wife of 18 years is from there, but I haven't been audio shop hopping in a long time.
    we will be staying with her mom in the beaches, if that's a help.
    any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    mdr
  • GrahamT
    • Oct 2004

Hi Michael,

I am moving back north of Toronto in a week for the holidays aswell.

As for listening rooms, BayBloorRadio, Audio-One, Kromer Radio, Audio Excellence come to mind. There are so many, I am not a fan of any of them though. Unless you look like you have money, they dont treat you well.

There are not many DIY audio places in TO. I only know of one, but it is not worth recommending. Let me know if you find anything.

If you need parts while you are in Canada, you can try www.creativesound.ca and www.solen.ca . I ordered from both a few times and can highly recommend them.

Comment

• Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by GrahamT
      Hi Michael,

I am moving back north of Toronto in a week for the holidays aswell.

As for listening rooms, BayBloorRadio, Audio-One, Kromer Radio, Audio Excellence come to mind. There are so many, I am not a fan of any of them though. Unless you look like you have money, they dont treat you well.

:agree: Sad but true :roll:

To add to the list.........Yorkville Sight and Sound, Lipton Ent., and if you're in Brampton ........ Canadian Sound <some great guys there.

Hope you'll be ready to shovel snow :
      Last edited by ThomasW; 10 December 2005, 12:07 Saturday.
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• GrahamT
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Clive

To add to the list.........Yorkville Sight and Sound, Lipton Ent., and if you're in Brampton ........ Canadian Sound <some great guys there.

Hope you'll be ready to shovel snow :
        Hi Clive,

Yeah, not many friendly shops around TO. :cry: There is also American Sound on Yonge St. Same thing.

Lipton's is okay but a very small store, it's about 5 min from my house. Let me know if you're in area.
        I'll check out Canadian Sound next time I'm in Brampton.

The snow, dont remind me.

Comment

• mdelrossi
          • Dec 2005

thanks for the info, I'll start planning my attack.:T
          mdr

Comment

• PiDD
            • Aug 2003

I head to TO once in a while for business and hit Canadian Sound last time. Not a DIY shop but if you want to see some nice HT gear thats the place ... Krell married up to some uber B&W's! Nice guys too.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"