X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Mounting a pro amp vertically

Anyone ever do this? I checked the owners manual and it doesn't say not to, but it doesn't say it's OK either.

The reason I'm asking is, I could make a nice oak rack for my Naddy that would sit right up against the back wall behind my TV. It wont fit in the entertainment center so I'm just looking for some options.
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

The biggest issue for concern that I would have is dependant on how the amp is designed to be cooled.

If it's fan only, no trouble. Many pro-amps may be done this way since they're often crated up and stacked with no airspace whatsoever around them.

Most home amps, however, rely on convection to cool - heat rises off the heatsinks and out the top, drawing in cool air from the bottom... Mount this sideways, and you have yourself a heat problem.

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• PoorboyMike
      • Oct 2005

Yes, it's fan cooled. I would leave a couple of large vents at the bottom to aid with airflow too.

Thanks cjd.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"