X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Nady XA 1100 for $146?

I just ordered one of these for $146. That's $100 less than any where else I could find it on the net. They sent me an email saying that the order has been sent to the warehouse and they'll be contacting me shortly with a UPS tracking #. We'll see if this actually comes through. Oh, and the shipping was free too.

Probably too good to be true but I guess I'll find out.
    Last edited by PoorboyMike; 07 November 2005, 17:47 Monday.
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

I forgot to post the link. ops:

I'll let everyone know if it works out.

Comment

• Rudy Jakubin
      • May 2005

That's a good price. I have the XA 900. You might need a couple of these;
      Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

How much for shipping??
      These are heavy, mine weighs around 46 lbs.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Rudy Jakubin
        That's a good price. I have the XA 900. You might need a couple of these;
        Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

How much for shipping??
        These are heavy, mine weighs around 46 lbs.
        Thanks for the link Rudy. I was just going to pick them up at Radio Shack but I'm $9 away from free shipping for my daughter's order at Musiciansfriend. A couple of those will only cost me about $1 more than what the order currently is with shipping included.

Oh, and the shipping on the Nady is free. I just checked on the order status and it still says "pending". I'm thinking the price is probably a mistake because most of the other stuff I've checked out there is about the same as everyone else. I'm crossing my fingers though.

Comment

• Rudy Jakubin
          • May 2005

I forgot to mention that the warehouse they're talking about is in Kansas City. That's where mine was shipped from. I think that's the Nady plant..

Comment

• SteveCallas
            • Aug 2005

Hmm, found this as the first result on google.

Can it do stereo output at 4ohm? I'm having a hard time finding many specs on it.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SteveCallas
              Hmm, found this as the first result on google.

Can it do stereo output at 4ohm? I'm having a hard time finding many specs on it.

550w/ch @ 4ohm.

And dang, I would have ordered it from Amazon, but I swear I looked there and it wasn't nearly that cheap a couple days ago.

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

475 watts/channel 4 ohm stereo, 1100 watts 4 ohm mono according to the Nady literature

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• SteveCallas
                  • Aug 2005

Looking at their manual, both channels driven, it drops to 300w. But for under $150, it still seems to be one hell of an amp.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SteveCallas
                    Looking at their manual, both channels driven, it drops to 300w. But for under $150, it still seems to be one hell of an amp.
                    That's with an 8 ohm load. Its 475X2 @4ohm

Comment

• SteveCallas
                      • Aug 2005

Yep, you're right - I was reading the "Both Channels" as a seperate column.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
                        • Oct 2005

Recieved a UPS tracking # today, so something is on it's way. :T

Comment

• bc1nurse
                          • Feb 2005

Fan Noise

If the fan noise of the XA1100 is an issue for you, here's a link discussing how to change the stock fan for quieter ones

Home Theater Forum

Comment

• Derek
                            • Oct 2005

That's a heck of a price. I know nothing of Nady amps. Hows the quality on them? I would buy 2 to biamp my speakers

Derek

Comment

• Rudy Jakubin
                              • May 2005

The first thing I did when my XA900 arrived was to A/B test it against my Carver M1a 300 watt amp. The Nady definitely had more bass dynamics. The rest of the frequency range was just as comparable. as for the fan noise, I can only hear mine when the music is not playing. Next year I'm planning on buying another unit and bi-amp it with the Deqx 2496.

Comment

• wildfire99
                                • Aug 2005

The things are certainly heavy... I don't fret over moving anything in my system, except the Nady XA2100. I need a crane for that thing. Interior looks good too, IMO, huge heat sinks and transformer. The 2100 is quieter than the 900 oddly enough, and is ok for use without mods for me. Most of the fan noise on these seems to come from the chassis vibrating. Even the 23dBa fans didn't reduce the 900 to silence. I'm very happy with mine, assuming they don't release their magic smoke or anything. I haven't tested them against the other amps I have here, yet.
                                - Patrick
                                "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• jdybnis
                                  • Dec 2004

I agree about the weight. I bought and XA900 to power a sub I built for a friend. I ended up returning it because the thing was just too massive. It crossed the WAF limit.
                                  -Josh

Comment

• PoorboyMike
                                    • Oct 2005

Well, it showed up today. It's definately a lot bigger and heavier than I ever imagined. This thing is huge! I don't even know what I'm going to do with it because it wont fit in my entertainment center. I want to try it out on my mains to see if it works OK, but my cable wont be here until early next week.:M

So far, I'm impressed with this thing for $146 shipped.

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"