X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek
    • Oct 2005

Dayton RSS315HF(12 inch) Box Size

I plan on building the Natalie P's(or Modulas) with a bass bin underneath 2-RS12's. I've modeled everything in Unibox, and was wondering if anyone could confirm my results.

For the MTM I am going with the 1.77 cubic foot enclosure that Evil Twin recommends, and with the subs according to Unibox 2.5 cuft would be pretty good for 2 of the 12 HF Daytons.

I am thinking that box seems real small for those subs, and maybe I did something wrong. Could someone let me know if that looks ok to them?

Thanks,
    Derek
  • KeithM
    • Oct 2005

That's what happened when I entered it in unibox, so it isn't a software error. It sounds like it would be ok in a sealed box. The drivers have a relatively small Vas, so I'd give it a try.

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

150+L sealed is what I came up with a while back when I was looking at the RS subs as options in my 3-ways.

That happens to be the volume I used for the RS270's (also sealed).

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Derek
        • Oct 2005

So around 5.3 cu ft for 2 RS 12's with the Natalie MTM's on top and actively crossing the MTM's with the bass bin, would the 10's be better since they play a bit higher, so the output of the MTM's match the output of the subs? (boy that's a badly written sentence)

Thanks,
        Derek

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

You're probably going to want to cross low-ish for a couple reasons, floor-bounce being one. I pushed things lower for that reason. At any rate, I think that a pair of the 10's would be quite suitable. Another interesting-ish option would be one 12 and one 10. Depends how you plan to cross these suckers. The 12 may even work side or rear firing to open up some design options. A pair of 10's need much less volume though (you can port a pair of 10's in 150L to about 17Hz.)

I can run the numbers through Unibox again. I brought my (new temporary employer provided) laptop home this weekend to see if I could install some useful software - has SW already, and the Excel stuff will be no trouble at all. Not sure about some of the graphics programs I want though - we'll see. But I have time on the train to kill now. . .

C
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Derek
            • Oct 2005

Size doesn't matter.(i've heard that one before) I can go as big as needed to get the best sound possible. I'm gonna actively cross with a DCX2496 so i can play with where the subs cross with the MTM.

D

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"