X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjackson
    • Oct 2005

RS270 Designs?

I have 4 Dayton 10" Reference RS270s. Are there any designs around that use these drivers? Especially if they somehow use a ribbon tweeter as I have a couple Fountek JP3s sitting around...
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Go to the last page for Chris's final design.
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 18:43 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

That ribbon would probably require a different driver for the midrange, and doing so would mean a voicing mismatch as you move through the range - something that is, IMHO, quite important (I picked out a crossover frequency on a 3-way recently just by hearing the change in tonality moving from one driver to another).

RS150 is the most likely candidate to match up to a ribbon, but the ribbon would really need to be stable down to at least 2000Hz, with 1800 being preferable.

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• bjackson
        • Oct 2005

Oh yes, I was DEFINATLY planning on using a midrange. I am thinking about a WR125 right now, but I was just wanting to look at some designs.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

A couple ideas...

I'm not sure what you're looking at for a pricepoint but the Seas Excel W15 is a contender. Another driver that gets little discussion, and is one of my favorites, is the Aurum Cantus AC130 MKII which is a 5.5" Kevlar/carbon fiber cone based driver. It's 1/2 the price of the W15 too.

It'll cross at 2.5K which is a prerequisite for the JP3's and sounds superb. Excellent detail with a see through quality. I have 20 of them in my Omegarrays and couldn't be happier. :T

Good luck!

Jim

Originally posted by bjackson
          Oh yes, I was DEFINATLY planning on using a midrange. I am thinking about a WR125 right now, but I was just wanting to look at some designs.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"