X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poneal
    • May 2024

RS 3 Way done ***PICs***

I've finsihed up my RS 3 way using Romans design. I did change up the cabinet some (well a lot) but I think it came out looking pretty decent so I thought I would post some pics here for you guys to enjoy.

• GrahamT
    • Oct 2004

Very unique, nice job. But what is that energizer for?

Comment

• poneal

Ah, the energizer

Hi Graham, The battery is the power supply for the bright LED that you can see if you look real hard at the picture. The white strip on top and on the door is a magnetic reed switch. When the door is closed, the LED goes off, when you open it, the switch triggers and turns on the LED. Someone on the MAD board suggested using blue LEDs and having a glass frame on the rear. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. BTW, I've been keeping up on all your threads along with Jons too. You do nice work yourself. Cheers, Paul

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Nice job ... :T

Don't the casters rattle on the wood floor?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• poneal

Nope

The total weight is about 100lbs each. Thats not where they reside in the picture. They reside on marble tiles in the living room :-). The bass box is built solid as a rock with 2 square cross bracings and 2 U shape bracings on the ends. The bass box weighs about 75lbs with driver in. Even at loud volumes, they really dont resonate much at all.

Comment

• GrahamT
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by poneal
            BTW, I've been keeping up on all your threads along with Jons too. You do nice work yourself. Cheers, Paul
            Thanks Paul.

I dont see the LEDs, but that is a good idea, might have to steal it. Again, nice work, you obviously put a lot of thought and work into your speakers. You should be very proud of them. :T
            And Roman comes up with some really nice designs.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"