X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capslock
    • Dec 2004

Random project ideas part 2: 2.5 way MTM

I've been harboring a couple of ideas that I haven't really had time to pursue. So I'll throw them at you and see who picks up on them:

Second one: 2.5 way MTM. Wouldn't the Modula MTM or the Natalie P profit from rolling off one of the RS180 at something like 500 Hz?
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

500Hz? That's a bit low in most instances, though most baffle step issues are in that range and lower. But I don't have any answers, just more questions. :P Some for you though.

But, why? You lose the benefits of the MTM configuration over a TMM. Now, if you wanted to do a TMM 2.5 that makes sense - I'm just not sure what you would see to gain from a 2.5way MTM (would you make the top or the bottom woofer be the .5?)

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• capslock
      • Dec 2004

Well, the main reason for having two midwoofers is to have less excursion per driver. Then, with two 17 cm drivers and a tweeter assymetrically between them, at the crossover frequency of 1.4 kHz, that is easily two λ , so it is bound to be quite beamy. This and the LR8 response make it loose much of its resemblance to a d'Apolito configuration.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"