X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeanP
    • May 2004

x-over question

I've just finished building the Audax mains + centre channel and I am looking at the surrounds next. But when I looked at the x-over,it uses two caps; a 100 + 1000 in parallel for the woofer, why would you just not use a 1100?

see links below:
    x-over schematic
    x-over lay-out
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

There is a theory that parallel caps with one much smaller increases the 'speed' of the overall resulting cap. I might consider this, but only if I were using a small premium cap coupled with a larger standard cap - for solen-type caps I'd just use the 11 uF.

Incidentally for others reading this, the numbers in the crossover schematic may be found on the solen.ca website where you'll find pa1000 and pa100 capacitors along with s161.5 inductors, etc - pa1000, pa100 and s161.5 are part numbers for 'fast capacitors' and 'standard inductors'.

Paul

Comment

• DeanP
      • May 2004

Thanks!

:T

Thanks Paul!
      Just as I asssumed, I can use a pa1100...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"