X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIY_newbie
    • Apr 2005

One side of my open baffle finished in Raw MDF

w00t w00t...

For those following my project, I decided to go with a shorter Mid/tweet panel 19.5" wide x 18" tall with a 6" floor instead of the 19.5" x 24" with side panels. BDS and my cardboard work showed very little difference between these two designs and the new one had a smaller midrange peak to equalize so i decided to go cut some MDF.

First piece - I completely screwed up the recess for the tweeter.. Those damn squares are awfully hard to cut.

Second Piece - Ribbon recess came out nice, however I measure the diameter for the PR170 at the face. Turns out it has a slight taper to the frame and the bottom is about 1/16" larger so it wouldn't fit.. I had to go at the recess freehand and its not exactly circular anymore... Oh well call it a test baffle Hopefully I'll make 2 more unday.

Been listening for the last 2 hours and it sounds awesome.. Picked up even more detail than I was hearing with the cardboard baffles, the sound is incredible, very light and detailed.

The measured pretty well too, flat from 20k to 25hz with a slight dip around 250hz (~3db) very sharp too, not really sure where its coming from, can room nulls be that sharp? the total width is like 1/6 octave...

Comments welcome, I'm listening to some old school REM right now, Eagles live is next on my play list..

Click image for larger version

Name:	completed_one_side.webp
Views:	27
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	943020

--Chris
    Last edited by theSven; 25 June 2023, 22:28 Sunday. Reason: Update image location
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"