• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

I'm probably going to start again...

Has anyone ever built in-walls?

I'm hoping to move (change residences) in the near future, and I'd like to do more of a media room with an HT slant (as opposed to a play room with lots of speakers, a kinda cool built in DIY equipment rack and a big fat 56" CRT RPTV).

My thoughts/dreams are to have a fixed screen behind a set of power operated vertical blinds, a front projector, and the front three speakers built in to the wall.
    What kind of acoustic compromises could I expect by using in-walls - if the application was given the right consideration beforehand?

I'll have typical 16" on center stud space, which could be manipulated ahead of time to accomodate both L&R mains, as well as a center channel speaker, and the screen wall will be backing onto the concrete wall of a basement, but I'd be able to stand the screen wall studs off of the concrete wall by up to 12" to give me space in the rear to allow for loudspeaker enclosures.

I don't know room dimensions yet, nor do I know ceiling height but I'm all ears to anyones suggestions
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"