X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Avalanche 15 or 18

OK budget got a little bigger.
    Im looking at the Avalanche 15" or the 18" not much of a price difference between them so why not go with the larger driver.

(of course the new drivers may be more pricey but time will tell)

I am definately getting the Behringer BFD

I was looking at the K1 and K2 but my HT dealer says he may be able to get some QSC amps for me...which is good because im in Canada i.e. shipping $$

These are a couple of choices
    QSC PLX1602
    QSC PLX2402

I am only going to be building one sub so are these good choices to start right now. I dont want to overkill for the amp but also not be starving for power.
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • JohnL
    • Dec 2004

I'm afraid you may be a little late, I believe Chad is all out of the Avalanche subs. He was talking about putting a few of the recones he has left on sale, but I haven't heard any more about that. Good luck.

Comment

• Armbender
      • Jul 2005

My HT guy recomended an 18" McCauley in place of the avalanche.

Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That McCauley has basically 1/2 the Xmax of the original Ave 18"s

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"