X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avddreamr
    • Aug 2005

Seas DIY 7.1 Help.

Ok guys, here's the deal. I'm finally going to finish the home theater system. The Room measure 12x16x8.

I currently have Halo C1 + JC1 driving Seas thors.
    I would like to know if there are any surround speaker designs to place on the side walls of the bedroom. I would like to them to voice similary to my thors, so I assume the only way to do this is to use seas excel drivers.
    It has also been suggested that dayton reference would be a good low budget option.

The Rear Channels will be monopole, hopefully with a TM arrangement using the millinium and w18e001. Again I have not found a design using this arrangement.

Center will probably be ODIN mounted side ways.

The HT speakers will probably be driving by a parasound halo a52.
    125Wx5@8ohms, 250x5@4ohms.

Ideas and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Nes
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

Fit a modula (see sticky threads of this forum for detail) with Seas W18EX001 and Millenium and tweak the x-over a bit.

What are the maximum dimensions you can handle for those surrounds.

Comment

• avddreamr
      • Aug 2005

Hmm... they can be wide, but no taller than a foot, preferrably less, and to stick out maybe 8 inches? So probably something around 1 cube, 1.25 etc.
      Although for surrounds the smaller the better.

As per the modula, would'nt the be the equivelent of the ODIN, its mTM config.

I would like to keep the rear (monopole) surrounds 1 tweet, one MID.
      Response to around 60-80hz would be ideal.

THe Dipole Surrounds.... are going to create a diffused sound, since I will more than likely have to compromise on the mounting positions.

Driver cost is probably one of the main reasons for me wanting to go with
      a 2 way MT for the rear channel speakers. Since the surrounds should in theory require 4 drivers per (or 1200 for the set).

At the very least I would want to find a design for a w18ex+Millinium two way for the rear channels, so I can get 5.1

Nes

Comment

• dawaro
        • Feb 2005

The Modula MT would probably work well for your surrounds. Since they are both metal cone drivers they should have a similar sound.

As far as the center, simply turning the Odin sideways is not going to give you the results you are looking for. MTM's have several problems when used horizontal. You need to look over the sticky thread at the top for the Modula center channel where a lot of this is discussed. How much room do you have for a center? I have a couple of designs for a WMTW but it is a little large for most people. It is 12.5"h x 26"w x 13"d. I will be starting a thread on it later today.

And to answer the question about the Modula and the Odin. While the configuration is the same that is about it. The Modula has a more complex crossover with much steeper slopes.
        I am not Dawaro the muslim state in Ethiopia...Just DAvid WAyne ROberts

Comment

• wildfire99
          • Aug 2005

I love my Ellis 1801's, TM with the W18E001 on the bottom and the Hiquphon OWI on top. I have 7 of them.
          - Patrick
          "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• avddreamr
            • Aug 2005

Hmm. I think the besl, w18+Millinium would be an excellent canidate.
            Now to find a clone, or atleast the crossover info

Ok definately want to find somethng pretty much like that for all channels.
            Should mesh nicely with the thors. I'll just have to be more careful about placement.

Any ideas from where to go guys?

nes

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"