X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LNeilB
    • Jun 2005

Built the Krutke/Zaph L18/27TBFC

And damn does it sound nice. Very transparent midrange, potent bass,sweet, mellow highs.

But I have to ask - is the H1224 driver SEVERELY limited in power handling below 100hz? My pair rattles like hell at moderate volume with substantial sub-100hz signals - music, not test sweeps. I'm wondering if this batch of 1224s are defective, because the Seas H571 paper driver I've been using, with half as much xmax, has never been problematic.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I'd try checking a few things- is it ported, and are you sure your port size and tuning is correct? (nothing like an impedance sweep to know for sure)

Second, make real sure you don't have some of the driver wiring connections or any acoustical stuffing near the midwoofer cones- that one has "bit" a lot of people.

Last, as a check on the cone travel/driver integrity, remove one driver from the cabinet, and sweep with a signal generator free air at just a couple of volts drive- you should be able to see and hear excursion representative of Xmax in the lower range (20-40 Hz) without any VC rubbing or lead slapping - if you do, it's probably not the driveres. Check assembly...
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"