Design concept good or destined for failure...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Design concept good or destined for failure...

I'm working with someone on the design of a 3-way or possibly 3-way plus subwoofer using an RS28a, Excel W15CH, W22EX. The tweeter/mid cross at around 2K- which uses 4th order, and the woofer/mid cross at around 300HZ using 2nd order. Simulations predict this setup will have a very smooth frequency response and low distortion, which is why I selected the drivers. The box configuration has the midrange in a 10L sealed box and the W22 in either a 45L to 60L box- haven't figured that out yet. It will work in either, just trying to make up my mind for box size/depth, versus power handling and Xmax limitations and distortion of the W22 under 70Hz. This brought me to the idea of possibly having the W22 in a 20L sealed box crossed over to a true subwoofer, such as the new XXLS peerless woofer- which can be used in a 62L sealed box. I would like to get some feedback as to whether I should pursue the subwoofer idea and change the box design, or stick to the ported 3-way and just add a separate coffee table type subwoofer. I like the idea of everything being all integrated to give that stately speaker presence (XXLS sidemounted), but if it is not practical, let me know. Other things I'd like to know about is the idea of an open backed midrange for the W15CH, apparently that is something they were designed for, but the sealed design offers more control of power handling and cabinet volume flexibility/design. I can't change the drivers at this point except the sub idea, because I already have the drivers. But X-over points, and cabinet ideas are flexible. We haven't measured the system yet.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"