X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian Bunge
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2001

Mic pre

I'm interested in getting an outboard USB device to be used for a mic pre and was wondering if you guys have any experience with the M-Audio products. I know one guy that's had good results with the M-Audio Mobilepre device but I also see that there is a device called the Audiophile USB. It has line in and out as well as midi in and out. Is there a reason to use one of these over the other? I've seen them both brand new on ebay from reputable sellers for nearly the same price. Could the midi in and out be used with the BFD and it's associated software to setup filters via my laptop?

For reference, I do have a calibrated mic from Kim Girardin if that matters.

Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.
  • Davey
    • Jan 2003

I have an M-Audio Transit. I don't normally use it for microphone preamp duties, but it will work fine as one if you're using a microphone with a Panasonic capsule or similar.

Cheers,

Davey.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"