X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoshK
    • Mar 2005

OAudio has no more TC2+ 12"s

:cry:

As was mentioned in another thread, OAudio is out. This is a bummer, as they were the most obvious source for the TC2+s, soundsplitter being the other. I emailed Todd Olsien and here is what he had to say:

Unless we receive an order of 30 or more units we do not intend to purchase additional TC2+ drivers due to a substantial increase in pricing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Let us know if you have any questions.

• JoshK
    • Mar 2005

And why the heck does Soundsplinter charge almost $90 more per driver than Oaudio did?

Comment

• JohnL
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JoshK
      And why the heck does Soundsplinter charge almost $90 more per driver than Oaudio did?

Is Soundsplinter selling 12" TC2+ anymore? I think they are only selling the TC9 in the 12" (plus I understand they have their logo on the cone) :gah:

Comment

• JoshK
        • Mar 2005

Dunno, but Heather at TC Sound is quoting me a direct to consumer price. I asked and she said they do sell directly. I am not sure whether it will be anything like Oaudio's pricing was.

Comment

• DIY_newbie
          • Apr 2005

Dunno, but Heather at TC Sound is quoting me a direct to consumer price. I asked and she said they do sell directly. I am not sure whether it will be anything like Oaudio's pricing was.
          Best bet would be to setup a group buy and try to get like 20 at once... You could probably get a decent discount buying that many... I might be interested in a couple if the price is right...

--Chris

Comment

• Eric S
            • Sep 2000

I received this from O-Audio today:

"It looks like we will likely carry the TC2+ 10", 12" and 15" versions. Keep an eye on our website for details. Thank you for your interest. Let us know if you have any questions."

This sounds like good news!

Also, I might be interested in a group purchase of the 12" drivers (if the price is nice). 6 of them would make a nice front array of Avro speakers that Jon and ThomasW are working on.

Eric
            My DIY Theater Projects

Comment

• JoshK
              • Mar 2005

If we do a group purchase, I am in for 4. I think it would be a good idea, except that the additional shipping might be a deal breaker.

Comment

• Dennis H
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2002

Josh, did you get a price yet? I figure TC Sounds will be around for a long time but the small resellers will come and go as they find out how much work it is for the profit they make.

Comment

• JoshK
                  • Mar 2005

Todd O told me that for the 12" TC2+ DVC that he could do better than $165. Obviously the greater the group buy the better the pricing. I'd like to arrange a group buy. I asked him about the shipping arrangement but my understanding is that he wants enough orders to make it worth restocking, so he can get a good price, more than a large single order.

I would be willing to take charge of organizing the group order and working it out with Todd. Let me know if you guys are interested and how many. Also let your friends know that I am arranging such an order so we can get a lot of orders.

Cheers,
                  Josh

Comment

• JoshK
                    • Mar 2005

Oh yeah, he said he could do 10" & 15" TC2+'s also as part of the group buy and he wants to know if we want DVC or SVC. I guess we need to prod Jon to see what he thought was the best, iirc he liked the SVC arrangement.

Comment

• DIY_newbie
                      • Apr 2005

Oh yeah, he said he could do 10" & 15" TC2+'s also as part of the group buy and he wants to know if we want DVC or SVC. I guess we need to prod Jon to see what he thought was the best, iirc he liked the SVC arrangement.
                      I believe that jon was running only a single voice coil from the DVC version...

BTW: I'm in for a group purchase depending on the price... See if you can get him to quote the prices if we get 10, 20, 50 etc.. that way we all know the price points and how many we need to reach them...

--Chris

Comment

• JohnL
                        • Dec 2004

I might be interested, but I think I'd like to get a gander at the new sub line from PE before I dropped the $$ on several TC2+s. Someone's always building a better mousetrap.

Comment

• JoshK
                          • Mar 2005

Here is the pricing I got quoted. I'd really love to see this happen so please respond here, or PM me if you want in and tell your friends.

TC2+ pricing:

10" SVC - $145

12" SVC - $159 DVC - $165

15" SVC - $209

Discount schedule: 10 units - 5%, 20 - 8%, 50 - 12%

Impedance is flexible for the group buy so let us know what the group needs.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                            Mad Max Moderator
                            • Aug 2000

I recommend the DVC configuration for dipole- also for lower net VC inductance- it just works nice....

I'm going to have to see the production RS 12's before deciding what' I'll do with the Saint Saens, though. I'm leaning towards 10's for another project idea I have...

~Jon
                            the AudioWorx
                            Natalie P
                            M8ta
                            Modula Neo DCC
                            Modula MT XE
                            Modula Xtreme
                            Isiris
                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                            Minerva Monitor
                            Calliope
                            Ardent D

In Development...
                            Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                            Obi-Wan
                            Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                            Modula PWB
                            Calliope CC Supreme
                            Natalie P Ultra
                            Natalie P Supreme
                            Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                            Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• JoshK
                              • Mar 2005

4R DVC for the arvo part right?

By the way, I am cool with waiting a bit. I have quite a few things to do before I can start constructing my Arvo Parts. In the mean time lets see if we can get a headcount and a ETA when you'd be ready to act as part of the group purchase. I'd be willing to do the arrangements.

Comment

• Brian Bunge
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2001

Any idea when we can get some preliminary specs?

Comment

• Jed
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                                  I'm leaning towards 10's for another project idea I have...

~Jon
                                  This idea wouldn't be a RS10" sub, W18EX, RS28a 3-way now would it? Pretty please................

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                    • Aug 2000

Nah, though that is a very intriguing idea you have there- ought to be SUPER clean! Just don't know how the efficiencies would work out between the W18 and the RS10. Might need two RS whatever 10" drivers to make that dog hunt as efficient as you'd like...

The other project is an "intemediary" idea to the Saint Saens dipole- just a short column of RS or other 10's, and a waveguide loaded RS50's. Will probably build in "rough" format just to see if it has promise... something maybe someone like Hank, with a more sensibile budget than the Saint Saens, would appreciate.

~Jon
                                    the AudioWorx
                                    Natalie P
                                    M8ta
                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                    Modula MT XE
                                    Modula Xtreme
                                    Isiris
                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                    Minerva Monitor
                                    Calliope
                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                                    Obi-Wan
                                    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                                    Modula PWB
                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                                    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"