X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIY_newbie
    • Apr 2005

Advice needed ASAP.. Fountek JP2.0 vs NeoCD2.0

I've been dealing with getting my JP2.0 fixed over the last 2 weeks. Well the tweeter arrived with the ribbon replaced but it was sagging again. Madisound checked the ribbon before they shipped it and it was fine.

I have 2 options now.. I can send the ribbon back and replace the element again, or they've offered to send me a pair of the new neocd2.0s instead and I'll send them back my broken jp2.0 along with my good one..

I'm hoping that someone on here has heard both the ribbons, or atleast the new neoCD2.0 and can give me some feedback on the sound.. I noticed that the new ribbon is much heavier (34mg vs 25mg for the old ALU ribbon). I don't want to loose the airy and delicate feeling of the jp2.0 ribbon and I fear that the heavier neoCD2.0 won't sound as well

Please help!!!!

--Chris
  • JohnL
    • Dec 2004

I know Rick Craig has worked extensively with both of them and is a rather good speaker designer. Try asking at Madisound or the Selah Audio area on Audio Circle. I've used the JP2s and JP3s, but I haven't heard the new ones.

John

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"