X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shawn Solar
    • Apr 2005

Room Measurement

Hello All,

I was wondering what is needed to take room measurements. The company I work for just broke into the dedicated HT market and I need some measurement equipement to make this job come out perfect so we can show it off 8) Any advice as what to use? I should have some CAD drawings this week if anyone is interested in the on going constuction pics will be availble in a couple weeks :T
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

There's a few possible valid answers - what exactly do you want to measure and what will you change dpending on measurement results? Are you custom designing and installing speakers, or do you just want to make sure the sub is not too loud or low compared to the mains?

Paul

Comment

• Shawn Solar
      • Apr 2005

Hello Paul,

I will be adding bass traps and wall treatements at the front, side and back walls. The ceiling is only 7' 6" so ceiling treatements are probably out of the question for asthetics and flow. The walls are all doulble wall construction with a 4" space in between the walls with the drywall mounted to resiliant channel on the walls and ceiling. All are well insulated. The floors are concrete and will be carpeted with pad. I guess a waterfall plot and I need to determine where to put the wall treatements. I will probably use a BFD on the subwoofer for some final "minor tweaks". The equipement has not been selected.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"