X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joostenjohn60
    • Nov 2004

tempest v tumult

Hi All,
    Since we bought a new car my tempest is now a bit big for it so as I have 4 SV-10 s i was considering putting a couple in the new car so the temtest is now free so i was going to use it in the home theatre it has been a surperb speaker suprising nearly everyone when they find its only a single 15 my question is should i buy another tempest and have 2 or should i try to sell and buy a single tumult i dont have much money spare this year getting married so buying a single tempest is a better ecomical idea their quite expensive in oz if so what alignments have people played with. I have 2 yamaha pro stereo amp with 240 into 8 or 400 or so into 4 per side so i have plenty of power . any thoughts...
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

How it will work really depends on the size of the room.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
      • Aug 2001

Take a breath...

Comment

• joostenjohn60
        • Nov 2004

Sorry it was all one sentence english not my strong point. The 4 sv-10's I have in there now produce heaps of bottom end grunt so logically 2 15" given greater cone area and similar x-max should easily do as good of a job. My main concern with the tempest is its need for a fairly large box . The SV-10's are in 100 litre boxes per pair. Would the tempest be ok in this size box, ported or sealed i dont really mind as low as I can get good low end response. When I had the tempest in the car it was IB loaded , I spent a couple of day sealing the boot from the cabin . It really sounded very very good with this type of loading. Unfortunately this is a rented house so IB loading is out of the question. We generally dont have basements in oz so we miss out on this option for good ib loading. The main room is 6mtr by 3.5 mtr by 2.4 mtr about 5 million litre or 50.4 cubic mtrs

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Since the Tempests are a discontinued driver, Adire has removed the apps papers from their website. Below I posted to a link to the original Tempest apps papers.

Anyone having these older drivers would be wise to save these .pdf files for future reference

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"