X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Center Channel Prototype finished

Finally have my Center Channel prototype up and playing, very happy with the bass response and integration. This thing can really take a beating, Eagles Hell Freezes Over is a good torture test, all the kick drums are mixed to the cc, my old cc couldn’t handle it. I hope to get some pink noise going this weekend and try out the toe in and out adjustments and see what happens off-axis. The drivers are the same as my mains so I already have the crossover points worked out and since it's active it will be easy to change the x-points if I want. So far a little toe in sounds best in my listening spot, I can definitely hear a difference when it’s in the maximum toe out position but I can’t tell exactly what’s going on, still trying to figure out a good measurement scheme. I’ll have to slow down a bit on the finish and stand as I started another sub project, the sono-tubes are just too big for my little room, doing an IB with the Avalanche 18”.
    Attached Files
    My Center Channel Project
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Drivers are Scan Speak 8530-K01 and the Vifa XT25, also have some nice Autocad drawings of these drivers if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Paul H
      • Feb 2004

I'd like to make some intellectual comments about these speakers, but I just keep thinking 'wow, cool!'

Keep up the good work.

Paul

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Now that's a heck of an idea for mounting the drivers. :T Is the interior of each chamber smoothly surfaced like the outside or are they stair-stepped (each smaller ring having a smaller diameter hole cut in it)?

Like Paul said: Wow! Cool!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by David Meek
          Now that's a heck of an idea for mounting the drivers. :T Is the interior of each chamber smoothly surfaced like the outside or are they stair-stepped (each smaller ring having a smaller diameter hole cut in it)?

Like Paul said: Wow! Cool!
          Stair steped, but I put a tar slurry coating inside to dapen, it also adds some serious weight. The final version will have an oak mounting ring and base with a 3 point matching stand. The tweeter enclosure is basically solid with a small cavity boared out for the motor, and of course the faceplate is turned out of oak. This will be the last project I use oak in, it doesnt turn very well with the open grain voids and all, I had to do 4 faceplates to get one good one.

Thanks for the kind comments Paul and David, the enclosures look a little rough now but when I finish them and the stand they will look like a different speaker.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"