X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strevo
    • Mar 2005

Custom Driver Design & Build

I would like to try to build my own version of a high excursion driver like adire's parthenon? I have always been interested in building a driver myself. Do you think it would be too complicated? I can mill out the metal myself, and should be able to find some neodymium magnets I can use relatively easily. I think I could possibly wind my own voice coil. Not really sure of the electromechanics of determining ohms or how to determine power handling? Probably could just measure it with a multimeter to get the ohms right. Magnet wire is relatively cheap so trial and error would be ok. I think I could come somewhat close to what adire has on my meager resources.
    I have CAD modeling, rendering and milling capabilities, but don't have FEA.

Any advice on sources for information about making voice coils would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -steve
  • Hobbes26
    • Mar 2005

Mwmkravchenko and I have agreed to put some serious thought toward how normal people might make something like the extreme-excursion Adire Parthenon relatively simply in a home shop, or at least with a minimum of expense. Since CES 2004 hasn't yet happened, we don't yet know how Adire has...

Dan at Adire has been very forthcoming about the design, and I'm sure he'd answer any questions you have about it.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"