X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan T
    • Feb 2005

Speaker Workshop question

Hey guys,

I got my behringer measurement mic and pre amp last week. Sine them I've been trying really hard to get Speaker workshop working but I'm not getting anywhere. I'm trying to calibrate it and its acting insane. I built the standard loop cable like on the Claudio site and have followed his tutorial but my MLS is whacked out BIG time. And when I try to use the channel difference calibration it goes nuts. here's some pictures.

Image not available

This is my MLS signal.

Image not available

And here's channel difference.

My sound card is just a standard onboard AC 97. I've tried one other sound card I have which is a pretty crappy one but got similar results. Does anyone have any idea what in the world is wrong?

Ryan
    Last edited by theSven; 03 September 2023, 14:15 Sunday. Reason: Remove broken image links
  • GrahamT
    • Oct 2004

Hi Ryan,

I also had problems using an on board AC97 SC. I added a Creative Labs Audigy 2 card and had much better results. See my thread https://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12581

The Claudio page http://planeta.terra.com.br/educacao...negro/english/ has a list of sound cards.
    Last edited by theSven; 03 September 2023, 14:16 Sunday. Reason: Update url

Comment

• Ryan T
      • Feb 2005

I'm hoping its just my sound card. I'm in the market for a new one though. All i need it for is speaker workshop. I dont really play any games on my computer or watch DVD's or anything. So I was thinking of maybe getting one of the pro audio recording cards like the EMU 0404 or something. But I may just grab an audigy since its so much cheaper .

Ryan

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

If you want cheap audiophile sound quality and games aren't your focus, get an M-Audio Delta 410. Around $78 at newegg.com

That test signal looks familiar - and when I saw it on my system, it was because I was doing something wrong. Sadly, I do not remember what.

On the other hand, it could have been on the system where I eventually gave up trying to use the on-board sound (I eventually discovered other problems) and took over my wife's computer (which has a SB Live! Value, in itself barely up to the task).

C
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Ryan T
          • Feb 2005

I was looking at the delta 410 but some people reported problems with that card and SW. From what I can tell just about any card works if it has full duplex. But its just that each card may have to be setup diffrently. So I guess I'm just looking for the easiest to setup. It still isnt realy clear looking on the claudio site which is the best. I'll just have to keep hunting around. I may go ahead and grap some cheapo chaintech AV710 for now.

It's supposed to be cleaner than the audigy so who knows. If that doesnt work well with SW then I'll put that in my gaming comp and buy a better card.

Ryan

Comment

• cjd
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Dec 2004

eh. I know folks have managed to get the 410 working. And the SQ out of it draws rave reviews. I'll be grabbing one soon(ish) to work with. It'll go into my HTPC as a fall-back (or, I'll get another for the HTPC, or something similar - gotta build an amp that can take 7 channel outputs from a sound card and handle the low signal level they tend to present).

C
            diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Dennis H
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2002

Looks like you could have a feedback loop. Make sure everything except Line In is muted in the record mixer and everthing except Wave is muted in the playback mixer.

Comment

• Ryan T
                • Feb 2005

Everything is muted except wave and main speaker volume. The other inputs are all mute (like mic etc). I also tried it with the wave mute and unmuted. The volume doesnt actually make any difference whether its muted or full blast. So I dunno what the deal is. It must be something funky with my sound card. But I'm kinda wondering if I have some setting wrong or somthing cause its the same with both my sound cards.

Ryan

Comment

• Sdiver2489
                  • Mar 2005

I am getting something similar in my calibration tests, did you figure anythign out?

Comment

• Ryan T
                    • Feb 2005

Nope not yet. Since buying my first car I've been flat broke so I havnt been able to snag that EMU 0404 I'm hoping to get. So far I'm pretty sure its the sound being stupid. I think its just a problem with setup and my sound card. But I think it is feedback that is causing the problem with the MLS. I wont really know untill I get a new sound card but from all the audio mark test I know my onboard isnt gonna cut it even if the MLS worked. I'll let ya know if I figure anything out though.

Ryan

Comment

• Sdiver2489
                      • Mar 2005

I don't know if its the card because I have an audigy 2 ZS and its doing the same thing. I am thinking the ground is messed up or a setting is somewhere

Comment

• Ray_D
                        • Apr 2005

Feedback with my SB Audigy

I had a problem with my sound card until I set up the EAX control in a certain way. I have attached the PDF file I got from Creative. I can't find the URL again. If the attachment does not take, let me know your email and I will send it.

Comment

• Ray_D
                          • Apr 2005

Here is the URL for audigy setup: http://audio.rightmark.org/download.shtml

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"