X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximumshow
    • Nov 2004

Tempest finished (almost) with pics!

Hey all... I just posted my pics over on Home theatre forum, but I wanted to post them here as well. I didn't have access to a cam during the build process unfortunately. I still have some aesthetic things to change and fix such as the crossover faceplate, but it is fully functional! It sounds awesome and I can't wait to get it equalised and in a better position.

Tempest
    CSS 360W Plate amp @ 4Ohm
    dual 4" vents tuned to ~18hz
    cabinet volume ~16,700 cubic inches

Tell me what you think... and please excuse the mess. The room in temporarily acting as a wood shop as it is winter.

Click me!

Thanks
  • morbo
    • Nov 2004

looks very futuristic! Nice work. But, please tell me its not being used with those little logitech cubes in the one picture

Comment

• maximumshow
      • Nov 2004

ops: hehe didn't realize anyone would notice the Logitechs... good eye!

Yes sadly it is being used with my Logitech z560's at the moment. I am waiting for the Adire 281s to come back in stock. I plan on doing a full Adire surround setup for the HT I'm building. Although, with Adire revamping their line-up, something better may be out by them soon.

Comment

• CJ Paul
        • Oct 2004

Not to pimp another forum, but there is a very trustworthy guy over at HTT that has a pair of 281 parts never been opened for a song and a dance. Check their classified area.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
          • Nov 2004

Sorry Maximum. The 281s are going to be discontinued.
          My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• maximumshow
            • Nov 2004

Noooooooo! Do you know if Adire will put out another kit with equal cost/performance ratio? Also, I need them for a full surround setup, so will they be producing timbre matched centers and rears? I guess I should have bit the bullet and ordered them earlier, before they went out of stock.

Thanks CJ Paul for the notice on the new in box 281s! Only problem is, as stated above, if I can't get an LCC and 81s to match then I may be screwed.

Hehe, well I have 100% confidence in Adire to come out with a new kit that will suit my needs.

Comment

• CJ Paul
              • Oct 2004

Well, the Kit81s are already off their site and they now have kit51s which are their most recent speaker IIRC. I would guess that the new mains and CC will be designed to match the 51s.

Comment

• Scott Simonian
                • Nov 2004

Look out for the new 261's. They use the new 6.8 inch Extremis from Adire.
                My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"