X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chchatham
    • Mar 2005

Cheap Speaker Parts

Hi - I bought a pair of Dahlton speakers, which apparently are a total rip off except for the cabinetry. I thought someone here might find the parts useful. If you would, I'm selling them at

ebay URL edited by moderator

There are probably other elements of the speakers which are salvageable... So hopefully someone here will find this useful.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 03 March 2005, 15:31 Thursday.
  • Kramer
    • Jan 2005

Nice of you to list them at $650. :T

Comment

• Hank
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2002

Oh Lordy, I'm sorry you got ripped off. There are lots of offshore speakers with all kinds of "brand names" on them appearing in many sales channels in the U.S. They are totally designed for absolute lowest cost/maximum profit at retail. The cabinets, if solid and well-finished (couldn't tell from the photo), may be worth up to $200 for the pair, but I'm afraid you're in trouble. The only hope is that some strange things on eBay appeal to the bidding addict.

Comment

• chchatham
        • Mar 2005

a

yeah, i kind of feel guilty even listing them on ebay, but we'll see. my hope is that someone with a little more know-how than me would be interested in the cabinets.

the $650 price is just for buy-it-now (that's what I paid, ouch!). i figured if there's somebody else out there as stupid as me, we ought to meet

but seriously, the reserve is only $50, so if there's any chance the cabinets/parts in the pair would be worth that much to anyone here then go for it.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

This isn't a an appropriate thread for this forum.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"