• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taz13
    • Jun 2004

New sub candidate The Jackhammer

Ok so it might be overkill but wow :E :E :E
    Attached Files
    Last edited by taz13; 02 March 2005, 19:45 Wednesday.
    The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
    Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo
  • CJ Paul
    • Oct 2004

Jesus!

Comment

• Paul H
      • Feb 2004

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

Paul

Comment

• denverdoc
        • Aug 2004

IMO and never a party pooper in my day and certainly no friend of safety Nazi's anywhere, this is excess gone mad! 3 minutes of hearing the jackhammer stoned or drunk at limits and one would be lucky to hear a real jackhammer the next day. Or even the next week. I read recently the SPL record is something like 170 dB, this is the equivalent of 100 Saturn-V's at liftoff! One would drop birds stone dead from the air. Why can't america's youth be doing something more useful like hitting Mach 1 at the 1/4 mile barrier?

Comment

• Scott Simonian
          • Nov 2004

Where are the T/S specs?
          My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• taz13
            • Jun 2004

:agree: Yeah I understand the word excess, but arty:
            I want to see specs and price, but I can already feel the itch for a new sub. :twisted:
            The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
            Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• CJ Paul
              • Oct 2004

4 driver IB? HEHEHEHEHE

Comment

• denverdoc
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by taz13
                :agree: Yeah I understand the word excess, but arty:
                I want to see specs and price, but I can already feel the itch for a new sub. :twisted:
                How bout a good ole fashioned shoot out between the Jackhammer and Parthenon from Adire Audio, one of those is supposed to be the equivalent of 16 18 inch subs. Tom Nousaine are you listening?! :P
                John

Comment

• CJ Paul
                  • Oct 2004

Has there ever been an actual subwoofer made out of the Parthenon?

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

http://www.woofervids.com/displayima...?album=7&pos=5 8O 8O 8O 8O

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Patt
                      • Feb 2005

8O <:::::::::::::::: Yep, that say's a lot .

Look at the travel on that thing, it is more of a machine than a woofer. :E
                      ......Pat

Comment

• wirepuller
                        • Jan 2005

I think my girlfriend has one of those!!

Comment

• Geoff
                          • Sep 2004

Clarion, Audiobahn, and others have built monster subs.

They where really just "very poor working" mega woofer gimmicks.

This sub might just actually have real potential, time will tell.

A complete Dumax Param sheet on this thing would be nice to see.
                          Seeing as it was just shown/unvailed at CES in mid Feb not much is know aside from some basic stuff, magnet weight 56-lbs, supposed linear throw 2.5"one way, height/depth, SQL SQ cone exchange out, driver weight 350-lbs, etc.
                          All this is some what rather worthless in telling if this thing is really going to work impressivly/correctly & not just be another Corp gimmick.

It's "certainly looks as tho it's far ahead" of what has been tossed out of CO's in the past for super size woofs. All prior mega woofs were proven to be, well, basic over priced junk. Speaking to the Clarion-Thunderdome, and Audiobahns-Whatever giant chromed out thingy...

If it's worth anything we will certainly start hearing about it.

MTX, PA-lease send that thing directly to Tom N and lets see what it's really is made of...Cool looking, yes, impressive looking to most all yes, dose it perform & just comes in a giant supa woof form, can't wait to hear about that....

Price..???
                          TS-Params and where derived..???

Seen nothing of these anywhere.....

I'll stick with what is proven to work (thank you) for both HT and Car audio woofs...

If Dan W./Adire and the Parethon-sp was behind it, I'd be wetting my pants for info.!

Really not all the pumped, it big and heavy, great boat anchor that is the only for sure...

Cheers
                          Geoff ¥
                          ~{Speak of what you know}~ :huh:

~{Listen to what you don't}~ :nutkick:

Comment

• Hank
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jul 2002

Immature boys, aged 16 - 26, fueled by testosterone to impress and one-up, will spend the money on this. With no common sense, and the gullability to fall for the Marketing message that promises girls and better self-image, they DESERVE such products. Who needs T/S parameters and Dumax test results when you can have magnet WEIGHT, huge SIZE and techno STYLING; WSS (pronounced "WuSS").
                            Start saving up your pocket change, boys. ;-)

Comment

• Geoff
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hank
                              Immature boys, aged 16 - 26, fueled by testosterone to impress and one-up, will spend the money on this. With no common sense, and the gullability to fall for the Marketing message that promises girls and better self-image, they DESERVE such products. Who needs T/S parameters and Dumax test results when you can have magnet WEIGHT, huge SIZE and techno STYLING; WSS (pronounced "WuSS").
                              Start saving up your pocket change, boys. ;-)

ROFLMAO of that one Hank..!
                              Certainly see almost (everyday) some truth in that statement...

Hey it's a blind Dumax Woof buying party and all males under 25 are invited..! arty:

Love it, surly an "absolute" for some male young'ens out their..

Cheers
                              Geoff ¥
                              A-audio

Comment

• Jim85IROC
                                • Jan 2005

Hopefully MTX learned their lesson from their last "super sub". Last year they released a line (9500 series I think??) that they proclaimed as the "JL W7 killer". They made a lot of ridiculous claims and took a lot of heat when the sub didn't live up to most of them.

I would think that MTX has either completely lost their dignity, or they came back with a better design that actually performs.

Comment

• Hank
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jul 2002

Geoff: Thanks, I try to contribute some intellectual content occasionally.

Jim85IROC: Selling to young males doesn't require dignity, it just requires WSS. ;-)

Comment

• thylantyr
                                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by CJ Paul
                                    Has there ever been an actual subwoofer made out of the Parthenon?
                                    If they did, you'd think they would have shown it....

so the answer is probably a big nay ...

A big motor is not a actual subwoofer :rofl:

Comment

• denverdoc
                                      • Aug 2004

Re Vaporware

Wrong on that account--it was shown at CEDIA last year and with a mere 2 ft square baffle floored the audience like so many bowling pins! If iw eren't so lazy I would find the link, but maybe on the Adire site.
                                      John

Comment

• Geoff
                                        • Sep 2004

Not sure what your talking about... Adires Parethon-(sp) yes your correct on that, but the MTX Jackhammer was CES 2005.

Cheers
                                        Geoff ¥

Comment

• CJ Paul
                                          • Oct 2004

Wrong on that account--it was shown at CEDIA last year and with a mere 2 ft square baffle floored the audience like so many bowling pins! If iw eren't so lazy I would find the link, but maybe on the Adire site.
                                          John
                                          I'm well aware. From the "underfloor sub" post a few days ago...

I still am not aware of any actual installation of a Parthenon. That is just the motor. Have they ever put an actual basket and cone on that thing? I heard at one point they just attached a 2'x2' sheet of wood or something to the motor and were hitting insane SPLs free-air, but I still am not aware of the Parthenon (which is just a motor at this point) being made into an actual sub.
                                          I still dont consider that building it into a sub, its a demonstration of motor strength. I want someone to commision one of these as a subwoofer and build a box around it.

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"