X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKOLFO4
    • Feb 2005

New sub setup - (4) Avalanche 15's

Hi guys,

Finally finished my (4) 15" Avalanche 15 setup!!! Man is it wild. They are setup two drivers per cabinet, each cabinet is 5.25 ft^3 sealed and they are run on a QSC PLX3402, so each driver is getting around 800-850 watts.

Like I said, it is amazing. It replaces dual Tumults on the same amp in 2.5 ft^3 sealed enclosures. The bass for the first time is just effortless. I am a bass freak, and this is more than I want for my HT. The tumults were impressive, but it took slightly clipping the amp to get the kind of bass I wanted with music. HT was pretty good with the Tumults, but I always wanted a little more with music, since my mains will get really loud. No problem with the (4) A15's. More than enought bass, even with the NCMS Rhythm's taking a full 300+ watts!

I am also now running the Avalanche 18" in my truck!! Awesome SQ and SPL!!!

My freeserves account does not allow remote linking, but you can see the new avalanche 15 enclosure setup on my website:

bkolfo4.freeservers.com/photo3.html

Brian
  • denverdoc
    • Aug 2004

Brian,

Nice job on those subwoofers. I bought a pair of Avalanche 18's for an IB set-up and am looking at amps, sounds like the QSC is working out for you.?
    Cheers,
    John

Comment

• BKOLFO4
      • Feb 2005

QSC is a killer amp. Fan is a little loud now that I am running two ohms, but at 4 ohms, the fan never had to run very fast, even when running to the point of slightly clipping.

Acoustic Visions is running a nice sale on top of QSC's current rebates for the PLX series. . . .

Brian

Comment

• denverdoc
        • Aug 2004

Brian,
        Thanks--would rather not buy from Behringer for ethical reasons as in IP rip-off , so will buy QTC. I'm gonna mount the amp in the crawl space so fan drone should be a non-issue.
        Cheers,
        J

Comment

• BKOLFO4
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by denverdoc
          Brian,
          Thanks--would rather not buy from Behringer for ethical reasons as in IP rip-off , so will buy QTC. I'm gonna mount the amp in the crawl space so fan drone should be a non-issue.
          Cheers,
          J
          I guess I do not understand your coment, Acoustic Visions is an authorized dealer of QSC, and they have a sale right now that beats almost all of the non-authorized dealers I have seen. The PLX is one of the models of QSC.

Brian

Comment

• denverdoc
            • Aug 2004

Explanationb

Brian,
            Heard that Behringers R&D dept consists of buying better products from competitors and then shamelessly cloning them from cheap parts. May be a rumor, but 2 guys involved in studio recording told me the same thing. I would hate to propgate a rumor with no basis in reality, though! So if someone knows to the contrary, please advise.
            John

Comment

• Dennis H
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2002

I think you guys are crossing wires a bit. Brian posted a link to a good price on a QSC. John thanked him because he'd rather buy a real QSC than a Behringer clone. So, you're both on the same page.

PS - Behringer doesn't have a clone of the PLX series anyway, just a couple of the cheaper RMX models.

Comment

• denverdoc
                • Aug 2004

Dennis,
                Thanks. Nice to see a moderator get involved so proactively. You're right on about my concerns,
                John

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"