X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark K
    • Feb 2002

Hi guys,

Just a quick note. Praxis follows the convention. See this link

Electroacoustic Test and Audio Test & Measurement SystemsElectroacoustic Test and Audio Test & Measurement Systems

I agree it's not always clear.
    www.audioheuristics.org

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I looked at M-Audio's stuff before but didnt see a 5.1 usb solution. I'm gonna have a look again.

Just looked and this is the cheapest one i see that'll output AC3/DTS

so a lot more expensive then what the card I have was. I think when i build my new HTPC I'll drop some cash on an M-Audio sound card or somthing better then the Audigy's. You know anything about the SB X-fi cards? are they not as good as they say as well?

I think when I build my new HTPC this is the sound card I'll use in it. It has 2 built in mic pre amps and will pass AC3/DTS through the SPDIF which the soundblaster cards wont do And 250 bucks is'nt bad :B I think i like the idea of having measurement equipment built into my HTPC.

Comment

• atalio
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Mark K
        Hi guys,

Just a quick note. Praxis follows the convention. See this link

Electroacoustic Test and Audio Test & Measurement SystemsElectroacoustic Test and Audio Test & Measurement Systems

I agree it's not always clear.
        Mark,
        Great paper. I have it and coincidently read it just last week. It raises some good issues. I've moved the Praxis distortion discussion to the praxis website: http://cybermessageboard.usanethosti...opic.php?t=129

Comment

• capslock
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JonMarsh
          The MAudio cards are designed for semi-pro recording, and also work very well in HT applications, due to the DACs and circuitry they use. They're also quite good for measurement, and recomended by LspCAD and Soundeasy.

Well, I continue to be amazed how well my Delta 410 sounds. In my own DAC designs and CD player mods, I have never (not even with a ten foot pole) touched the kind of DACs, op amps and passives used on that card. Also, the clock generation and distribution and the supply decoupling and ground scheme are not top notch.

I have bought a second card, and one day, I'll just buffer the digital lines going from the DSP to the codec and use them to run my own DACs. You can synch the Delta to an external clock, so that would be sitting on the outboard DAC board as well..

Comment

• dwk
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by capslock
            I have bought a second card, and one day, I'll just buffer the digital lines going from the DSP to the codec and use them to run my own DACs. You can synch the Delta to an external clock, so that would be sitting on the outboard DAC board as well..
            If this is your plan, you might consider shelling out for a Delta 1010. The DB25 connector to the external breakout box carries all the I2S lines from the Envy24 chip. I haven't reverse-engineered the connector, but it 'should be' somewhat straightforward. I still have it as a potential project to try hooking up the I2S output to the 6 channels of a Panny digital receiver - it would make for a very cost-effective active triamp setup.

Comment

• capslock
              • Dec 2004

Well, putting in a line driver chip is no big deal, and I paid like $40 for my second card.

Comment

• seattle_ice
                • Jun 2006

Whatever happened with the waveguide experiments?

The Accutons sure look promising. A TMWW or MTMWW with the C23-6/C90?
                If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
                How to build a theater in 1,110,993 easy steps

Comment

• Ludvig
                  • Jan 2006

What happened to the Accuton C90/T6 that got good results in Jon's tests?

Has anyone (Jon?) used it in any speaker yet and can give a hint about how it performed in real life? Did it perform as good as the measurements indicated?

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Think Jon has been real busy lately and hasn't even really visited the forums. At least I haven't seen him in a couple of months.

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

60+hr work weeks have brought Jon's speaker building to an end. Someday the C90/T6 will be used in his version of the Isiris.

DIY (Do it yourself): Cabinetry, speakers, subwoofers, crossovers, measurements. Jon and Thomas have probably designed and built as many speakers as any non-professionals. Who are we kidding? They are pros, they just don't do it for a living. This has got to be one of the most advanced places on the net to talk speaker building, period.
                      Last edited by theSven; 06 May 2023, 20:32 Saturday. Reason: Update spelling

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• tyler
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ThomasW
                        60+hr work weeks have brought Jon's speaker building to an end. Someday the C90/T6 will be used in his version of the Isiris.

https://www.htguide.com/forum/showth...highlight=Isir is
                        Good thing I bought a few of those when I did......:B
                        Last edited by theSven; 06 May 2023, 20:33 Saturday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"