X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Simonian
    • Nov 2004

Both DSP's on BFD?

I have had my BFD since Christmas and having fun tinkering. I only use one channel on it since I am just using the LFE output from my receiver.

Is there a difference when using just one side of the BFD in comparison to using the "combine" left and right channel mode?

Sorry if this is out of place. I put this originally in the seperates section at the HTF. Noone replied. Plus, there are too many "audio enthusiests" in the seperates section. Not like the real deal here. Plus I know you guys have experience with the BFD.

Thanks.
    My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

The only thing the "combine" does in the BFD is let you set the parameters for both DSPs at the same time. It doesn't combine the functionality of the two DSPs.

If you're only using one channel, you can either just program that channel, or use the combine mode to program both channels (which might be useful if you ever add a 2nd sub and want to use the 2nd channel, it'll already be set with the same parameters).

Comment

• Scott Simonian
      • Nov 2004

Thanks Kevin, for the speedy response. I will eventually have two subwoofers. but I was going to use a "Y" adapter. Either way.

Thank you.
      My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"