This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdwitmer
    • Sep 2004

This is just to let anyone thinking of connecting the secondary side outputs of two or more balanced power transformers to get the "functional equivalent" of a higher kVA transformer: Jon's warning not to do it, passed on by Thomas, has been confirmed by Equi=Tech's support staff. I reported in an earlier post that someone from Avel-Lindberg had told me in an email it could be done with no problem, but I have concluded that I must have failed to properly communicate to the Avel-Lindberg staff exactly what I had in mind.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm bumping this thread up since Equi=Tech once again has these transformers back in stock.....

These trannys are used in Equi=Tech's products costing $3000+

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Kevin Haskins is also closing out some overstocked transformers that will do one of these for $50 plus shipping. They are the units he uses in some of his Exodus Hypex-based class D amps. Don't remember if one is allowed to post his website here . . .

BB

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

One can post Exodus Audio links. And the occasional pic...

822VA tranny

Image not available

edit to fix typo...
          Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 14:27 Monday. Reason: Remove broken image link

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Drew
            • Nov 2005

The 630VA model won't do, as the secondaries are the wrong voltage. If you're using one of those, you'd want the 822VA model.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Thanks.. :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• ---k---
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2005

Just to be clear, the ones Kevin is selling are smaller and only adequate for frontend gear, not amps. Right?
                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Correct...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• mikela
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ThomasW
                    I'm bumping this thread up since Equi=Tech once again has these transformers back in stock.....

These trannys are used in Equi=Tech's products costing $3000+

http://www.equitech.com/products/specials.html
                    Thomas,

Thanks for the heads up. I just placed my order. :T

Mike

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

My pleasure, enjoy.... :B

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• exojam
                        • Dec 2006

Sorry to bring such an older thread back alive but Equitech still have some "blems" for sale so I was able to just order one of the 2kVA transformers from them.

I am thinking of making only using two outputs on it. One for a dedicated amp and another for my Belkin Power Console. The largest draw through the BPC will be my Crown XTi1000. The Equitech will then go on a dedicated 20 amp line which I believe should be enough for my uses.

James

Comment

• exojam
                          • Dec 2006

Well had the BPT installed down in the basement and I cannot believe how much better both the audio and video are with this device.

I thought it was such an improvement I had order one more this morning.

Equitech stated they still have some more in stock so if anyone wants to grab one before they are all out...

James

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"