X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnL
    • Dec 2004

Which Sub?

Hello there, I noticed some of the regulars around here have had a chance to hear the new Ascendant subs. I just picked up one of the 500 w monster amps from PE last week, and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a good driver. I was originally going to try the TC9-15 from SS, but AE opens up a whole new can of worms. I'm using an M&K mx150 now, and it's a nice tight musical sub, but my room is really big and I'd like to go a bit lower. Does this sound like a good candidate for the avalanche 15 or should I stick with the TC9? ..or is there another good choice (pair of 12s), the Tumult is a bit more than I want to spend. BTW I have a Behringer FDP sitting here that I haven't hooked up yet,as well. Thanks in advance,

John
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Go to the TC-Sounds website and download the .pdf for the 15" TC9 and look at the Bl vs X plot

Now download the .pdf for the 12" TC9 and again look at the Bl vs X plot.

See how nice and symetrical the 12" plot is? That means it's a better driver than the 15"

When we have access to this level of info about the Ascendant Audio drivers it will be easier to answer your question....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"