X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taz13
    • Jun 2004

Time for New HT speakers

Time to try something new, and after seeing the pics of the new CSS Super Spires and bigger siblings I have decided that is the way I am going. Just which one is the question? And Bob mentioned in an email that there are another couple in development, which just make the choice harder.
    My cabinet design for Jon's M8ta is coming along and will be in my 2 channel room, but as I have been bitten by the digital bug I am selling my NAD HT reciever and DVD player as well as my 281s and LCC as they are 4ohm. The new ones will be 8 ohm and an easier load for one of my digitals that I am trying out. Including a couple of shots of the speakers that I am going for
    Attached Files
    The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
    Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo
  • GrahamT
    • Oct 2004

:E Wow! Those are some beautiful speakers! They must be from the west coast DIY meet. Those super spires look awesome. Bob was saying that he was going to have some MTMs and MTs coming out too.

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Pretty cute - how low do the systems go that use that CSS WR125ST? Considering they're 4.5" drivers, I guess the speakers must be even smaller and cuter than they look?
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• taz13
        • Jun 2004

How low?

From what Bob at CSS told me they are in the 65hz range, and that suits me just fine for home theatre as I always use a sub (IB of course).Specs and plots are at www.creativesound.ca/pdf/WR125S.PDF
        For music these would still be suitable for me, with my HT reciever, as I hate to always have to select small size when using an HT reciever with Bass management, so this time I am just going for small. The dark brown are 43.5" with stand, the line arrays are aprox 60" and 72". Sizes are from memory so don't quote me as the memory is the first to go. Or so I am told :roll:
        The ones I am waiting fo are about 43" but use 8 WR125ST and a single T140 ribbon and a matching centre. And stage 2 would be 2 upward firing surrounds with 2 WR125ST and 1 T140 ribbon.
        But the beauty is if I don't like them, I just sell them and build a new set. There was no problem finding a new home for my Adires, so I would imagine these would depart just as quickly.
        But Jon you never know I may end up building 5 M8ta's :lol:
        Once I complete my first pair and listen to them, and if I like what I hear, That is the long range plan. :T
        Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• taz13
          • Jun 2004

Smaller and cuter

These are small and cute and just use 3" drivers. Considering what they are, I sure do like listing to them, clean and clear, but they have to have a sub capable of doing pretty much everything below 100 hz. and I use twin subs with them but only driving with 100w But I do love the Spires.
          Attached Files
          Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• GrahamT
            • Oct 2004

Another option, since you like Adire, is the MT design that Jon will be doing with the Extremis6 and the LPG 26T. That will be an awesome speaker for sure, I cant wait to build mine.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"