X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Garay
    • Jan 2004

Great price on Weller WTCPT $89

With the Holidays approaching, this is a very good buy on an excellent soldering station.

I have bought Weller tips and supplies from HMC Electronics. Great price and service.

Al
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Al, that is a GOOD price! After a good bit of shopping a couple of months back, $99 was the best I could do.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• goskers
      • Jun 2004

I was very tempted by the Weller stations but after a lot of research I went with the Hakko 936 as there have been some reports of the Weller stations not being as durable as they once were. I am not trying to hijack the thread or anything as these two stations are completely different. Both are very good solutions to even production soldering.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That's a great price ..... :T

Jon and I have used versions of that workstation for the last 25yrs, and never had any reliablity issues.

At that price I'm going to grab a spare to keep in the basement .... :wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• goskers
          • Jun 2004

I was not trying to imply that the Weller has had reliability issues with me as I don't have any experince with them. At that price it is a very good deal. Heck, for as much soldering as I do I hope I never have to buy another.

Comment

• Al Garay
            • Jan 2004

Joel,

There are lots of Hakko fans including mac. But nothing wrong with the Weller stations. They are very good and are easier to find for a good value. Using the right tips and good solder (Cardas, WBT) made a big difference for me.

Al

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"