Interesting Sound-Reducing Product

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • David Meek
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 8934

    #1

    Interesting Sound-Reducing Product

    Hi all,

    I was looking up things on the 'Net and came across this. I don't have any empirical knowledge of this product, but it "sounds" interesting (okay, I'll stop with the puns). Thoughts?

    Integrity Gasket
    .

    David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • littlesaint
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 824

    #2
    Looks similar to Green Glue Tape.

    http://www.greengluecompany.com/noiseproofing_tape.php
    Santino

    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

    Comment

    • Chris D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2000
      • 16875

      #3
      Yeah, it sounds like a worthwhile product. But to be honest, you'll get 95% of a solution just by following the general rule of "screwing and gluing" everything. No nails, no object rubbing up against other objects. Only screws, and glue anywhere two things touch.
      CHRIS

      Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      • Andrew Pratt
        Interesting product from Rotel
        by Andrew Pratt
        I just head from Mike about a new product that Rotel is showing off at CES that could prove to be very interesting and is something I've thought should have been made before now...regardless heres what mike had to say about it

        "The other hit of the show is our audio networking system....
        11 January 2003, 12:41 Saturday
      • ---k---
        Note on Wood Glue and Gorllia Glue
        by ---k---
        Because the subject of glue comes up often around here, I wanted to mention to everyone that this months Fine Woodworking Magazine did a test of several of our favorite glues. The results were somewhat surprising (or not), and exposed something that is commonly repeated to be false.

        ...
        08 June 2007, 13:48 Friday
      • jquin
        Discussion of Green Glue/CLD wrt box building
        by jquin
        Hi all

        I was hoping to start some discussion about green glue as a constrained layer damping (CLD) medium.
        From my understanding it is not exactly suited for this.
        I have searched this site but still have found some ambiguities.



        So we take...
        16 January 2008, 06:02 Wednesday
      • cdwitmer
        Any experiences working with hide glue?
        by cdwitmer
        I recently subscribed to a harpsichord builder's list (HPSCHD-L) that has, as you might expect, a lot of threads concerning hide glue in its archives. I had known that hide glue is handy because at high temperatures (high relative to room temperature, that is) it softens so instruments can be disassembled....
        23 June 2006, 23:28 Friday
      • Amphiprion
        Super glue removal
        by Amphiprion
        This is a bit OT, but I was working on an audio project the other day and managed to get some super glue on my dedicated electronics bench. This has a formica top, so I tried out some various solvents to try and get rid of it. Goo Gone, Denatured Alcohol, and Acetone were the first at bat. Acetone was...
        23 July 2008, 20:19 Wednesday
      • Loading...
      • No more items.
      Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"