X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowanrg
    • Feb 2004

best XBOX titles for a theatre?

i just got a HDTV (not much of a video guy) and am looking at all the perks to having one, and an xbox was one of them. i decided to get one after i saw the price drop and the fact it could do HD and had 5.1 sound.

so, what are some games that might be worthwhile for a hi-end HT setup?

i have magnepan surround setup, rotel and pass labs amplification, dual velodyne HGS-15's, and some other goodies. i want a game that when i shoot a gun, i get goosebumps. or, when i walk into a room or something, its frighteningly real.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Probably Halo (now $19.99), or Halo2 if you wish to wait 8).

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
      • Sep 2003

Visually?

Both Rallisports, Project Gotham 2, ALL Dead Or Alive games, Ninja Gaiden, Max Payne 2, The Splinter Cells. All "sound" good, as do most games for xbox :T

Im a xbox nut, check my sig for a list of games, and in my photo album, youll find a pic of my 3 xbox's :E

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
      GameTracker -My List-
      Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Cowanrg
        • Feb 2004

i didnt think any of those games were in HD though?

does it really matter, or do they all just look really good?

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
          • Sep 2003

wait a sec...

are you talking true HD as in 720p/1080i?

No, none of them are. There are very few that support those resolutions, and the ones that do dont even look that good. Actually, Amped 2 is in 720p and it looks great, 99.9% of all xbox games are 480p.

Rallisport challenge 2 is by far the best looking xbox game, Ninja Gaiden, The Dead or Alives, Max Payne 2 come close. They are all 480p.

We wont get true HD supported on a large scale until Xbox 2 launches, which isnt far off by the way. Infact, as of right now, the user will be able to pick and chose resolutions, just as we can with our PC's. :T

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Cowanrg
            • Feb 2004

hum, this information seems contrary to what ive read....

there are many games that support 720p, even 1080i. most are just 480p.

480p isnt hd. its just EDTV. im looking for true HD games. i know of a few, such as syberia, dragon lair, amped 2, etc... i was just wondering which are best.

edit:

re-read your post... you are saying NONE support that res, then right after, you say that some do... which one is it?

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Cowanrg
              hum, this information seems contrary to what ive read....

there are many games that support 720p, even 1080i. most are just 480p.

480p isnt hd. its just EDTV. im looking for true HD games. i know of a few, such as syberia, dragon lair, amped 2, etc... i was just wondering which are best.

edit:

re-read your post... you are saying NONE support that res, then right after, you say that some do... which one is it?
              When I said "none" are, I was talking about the ones I named in my first post. Hope that clears it up.

Syberia is prerendered so it looks good regardless, and Dragons Lair is cel shaded so it looks like a cartoon. None of the 1080i games impress me visually. Those might be the only 2 that are 1080i, Amped 2 only goes to 720p.

Oh, the other 1080i game is that Matrix game, stay clear of it, its horrible.

The ONLY game I have, and possibly the only one that doesnt support 480p is "The Thing", It resides in interlaced land

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Cowanrg
                • Feb 2004

hum, ok. the search continues.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"