X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Xbox Price Drop

FYI, the Xbox has dropped in price Now only US$199 and C$299.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Great news for the prospective X owners, sad news for us early adopters :cry:

Still, I support this for they have to get the unit numbers up for continued game development support.

Sometime you have to just give away the cell phones to get the peeps on the plan ;lx

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Huskerduck
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2000

I heard somewhere they were losing $75 a box before. good ole Microsoft must feel bad they have ripped us off so hard on Windows all these years and almost "giving us " an XBox

Too bad I couldnt wait untill now but We have had too much darn fun with this thing it was worth $300.

The Issue of available games always gets me because you always see "exclusive levels just for XBox" and " Only on Xbox" and I have checked out PS2s lineup for some time and while they have tons of games ( they should after this long) they dont seem that impressive to me........we played all their "good ones" last year during a 2 week rental and werent impressed with any because the graphics were so terrible

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
      Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

I don't know...there are some very good games on PS2. Microsoft must have a great showing at E3. They're bleeding bad right now and could really use 2 or 3 more Halos.

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Yep, they could use more epic games, however I'm happy with what I have thus far. I haven't really had a lot of time to play games of late so suffice to say there are already more games than I can play for the Xbox.

MS does need more development support if it's to survive. The price reduction should help.

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Now, if Xbox only had "Metal Gear Solid 2" It would be a done deal! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Yeah, I've had even less gaming time than Bing likely. I really have had no time lately, and it may not get better for a while. That's what happens when I introduce new products and manage production. Oh yeah, there's that day job that makes it all possible, whew.

No X-box for me, not been on in a very very long time.

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"