Rallisport challenge XBoX

This is one very cool racing game, best I have ever tried by FAR

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
    Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
  • Greg Stone
    • Aug 2000

Is it just an off road Gotham Racing, or is there something more to it? I like racing games, but don't like them just recycled from street racing to off road.

What is the most fun about this one?

Greg's DVD's

Comment

• Huskerduck
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2000

Its gothom racing with mud , snow, sand, dirt, pavement, grass.

The scenery is amazing ( vehicles look a little hokie, but I dont place the car out front, just the hood) I can not believe how realistic they are getting this stuff, you swear you have drove these roads before.

The vehicle reacts much more realistic than any other game I have tried, It starts slightly easy for the first rounds but it gets pretty tough about the time you hit the mud.

Had a buddy come over and check it out and hes a huge GT fan, he says their is no comparison

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
      Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• Trevor Schell
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Sounds like a good one Mark..
        Definately something I would enjoy.

Trevor
        My HomeTheater S.E.
        Sonically Enhanced
        C5
        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

It easily has the best control of any racing game I've ever played. Almost too good.

The graphics, as Mark mentioned, are fantastic. Blows Gotham away. This is a very good game. Power sliding is fantastic in the snow!

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Huskerduck
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2000

We have tried every XBox game available and this would be the first one I would purchase ( other than Football , Hockey ect.), every other one we have beat, and beat with some ease.

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
            Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• Huskerduck
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2000

Update
              Dont walk but run to purchase this if you are into race games, Does anyone elses ears pop going up Mt. Kiwi? we havent beat all the levels but I imagine they get really intense.

Hands down this game gets more realistic as it goes, the vibration in the controller and steering wheel is amazing and adds so much to the game with its amazing graphics

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
              Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Ok,,Haven't bought it yet,,

But I rented it..
                It's a five day rental,,so lots of time to play it.

I'll post my thoughts later.

Trevor
                My HomeTheater S.E.
                Sonically Enhanced
                C5
                Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• P-Dub
                  Office Moderator
                  • Aug 2000

Well I rented this title as well as Halo with my Xbox rental trial.

In a word, Great! I'm a semi rally fan so it was so cool hearing all the pace notes, trying to powerslide, and whip around those hairpins. The graphics are truely amazing and the car control is pretty good too. I've only got the old Gran Tourismo to compare.

There are several modes of gameplay and I think that makes this title one to last the ages. You can never get a perfect line through the tracks, you need to spend a lot of time. But for starters it a lot of fun. You start off with a few cars and you can race on several tracks. Once you pass 12000 points, it unlocks more cars and tracks. I didn't have the time to try and unlock everything. I know it would literally take me a year to really get going.

In the carreer mode you race against the clock and 3 computer opponets time. You never see them on the track. Which in reality is the case in true rally racing. However, it would be nice if sometime one of those computer cars were to breakdown, you could actually pass it on the road. You start off with a few short stages, and then they get longer, and more stages apply to each race. Some of the races in carreer mode are head to head against the computer cars, so you do get some varaiety, but these are on closed circuit type tracks.

There's other modes as well, a quick race, and practice places. Most of the practice races are one stage, and are against the computer cars.

One thing that this game doesn't do, is factor in the damage to the car when driving. I've rolled and crashed many times and didn't notice a difference in the driving physiscs. Either it's not in the game, or I just suck and didn't notice. So depending on your preference this can either be a plus or a minus.

Some minor would have like to see. In between stages, it would have been cool to see what components were damaged and how you would choose to repair the various items. Typically, you only have like 20 minutes, so you have to make repairs strategically. I've seen this on a PC rally game. The other thing is you start off with some really nice cars, so there's no real advance and buy, it's more advance and unlock. Which is fine. And finally, I wish there was a true in car shot, with dashboard and stearing wheel. Again, I've seen this on a PC game and that was pretty cool.

Aside from those minor, would like to have, I still recommend this game. If you have any interest in Rally racing, this is game is it. If you ever get the chance to play this on a bigger screen, make the effort and play it. I started off on a 27" screen, and it looked great. I then borrowed a projector, and OMG! The experience of playing with the hood cam and flying through the laps is breathtaking. So haul your Xbox to somebody that has a FPTV or even a RPTV, you will be rewarded.

I did not get the chance to experience this game in DD5.1. My rental only came with the standard analog L/R and composite video connections. So I played in various DSP modes, prologic and Yamaha's Disco, which is mainly just having a 4 channel stereo. The picture quality on composite was quite good, even when projected onto my back wall, the diagonal is approx 65" I set the Xbox to output a 16:9 image, and set the projector to squeeze. The projector I used was a Sanyo PLCS-SW10, rated at a 700 lumens, 250:1 contrast ratio. Not the best out there, but works very well.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
                  Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Huskerduck
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Oct 2000

I think " Burnout" has just surpased Rallisport in this household

This game is freakin amazing, hope you have solid nerves

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
                    Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"