X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

I Just Installed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and all I have to say so far is WOW!

This is one good looking game. I set it to run at 1600x1200/32 every detail maximized, and I can't believe how spooked I was when I started the game. It looks simply stunning! Anti aliasing is not even required as I did not really notice a difference when I enabled 2x, 4x, Quincunx settings.

I have read that this game is short, but that's OK, as I'm a crappy gamer anyway and it will take me longer than most to finish this. I'm certainly going to like this, as well as the multi person Online mode and will savour it.

There are lots of video settings in this game, here is how mine is configuered:

-Wall mark lifetime - High
    -Ejecting Brass - High
    -Dynamic lights - Yes
    -Corona distance - Far
    -Partical Distance - Far
    -Nvidia Fog Type - NV Radial
    -Light map - High
    -Geometric detail - High
    -Character detail - High
    -Texture Filter - Trilinear

Any one with a Geforce 3 or Radeon 7/8 should definitely get this game just to see what the programmers have cooked-up for your hardware.

"If being a graphics whore is wrong, I don't want to be right..." Jehan

Bing
    Bing
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Bing,

What about your motion sickness? Do the pretty graphics help alleviate the feeling?

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Sili, I think Max payne and Halo has sort of cured me of it most of the time. There are still days when I won't last long, but those are days when I'm not feeling 100% in general, much less play a FPS.

I use to be able to only play for short spurts but somehow I have been able to sustain long periods of play now 9 hours is my record.

Maybe it's conditioning, but I notice at one time if I'm too close to my TV or filling up my periferal vision, I would get dizzy.

I would have never guessed I could even play Halo but I may be cured.... :B

Bing
      Bing

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"