X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Javascript question

Ok you gurus I've got a question for you to ponder I am trying to use the same javascipt function that runs on my website for the menu's in a frame on another site but it won't run at all. I'm pretty sure the problem is that I haven't got the DOM references correct for the functions etc....so how do I go about finding out what those should be? Is there some property or something that I can call in an alert to see the full path?

• Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

What kind of problems are you having? The menu isn't showing up, or the items don't work when you click on them?

Is this site accessible so I can take a look at it?

I'm not as familiar with DOM as I should be... the joys of working in a backward company. :roll:

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Kevin unfortunatly the site's behind our firewall. The problem is it doesn't seem to be generating the menu at all. I put a bunch of alerts in to see where it was getting kicked out etc and we're getting over to the js page but its checking to see if its written the menu and since it hasn't it boots us out. I'm pretty sure its just a matter of it not "finding" the container it built for the menu on the page that's calling it which means I need to know the address back to it...something like parent.toolbar. something or some such thing. I've tried a very different ones and they either don't work or generate errors :cry:

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

This is a shot in the dark but how about trying document.(framename).toolbar or whatever? Start from the top instead of going to parent?

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
        My HT Site

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"