• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

J Rivers Software for the Mac

Whats up everyone?
    Has anyone tried it out yet? I just downloaded it and it seems to be ok if you use USB out. I also tried setting up HDMI out of a Mac Mini and couldn't get it to play sound even though everything looked correct.
    I have Pure Music on the Mac Mini and I can get USB and HDMI to play music no problem. Is there anything I missed? Anyone figure out HDMI? It's nice to use the HDMI as you can see and hear it. When I use USB I have to either run a HDMI to TV(Hung on wall , don't wanna run another HDMI for video) or I screen share with my Laptop. This is a fine way to do it but I'd rather use the TV as the monitor at times.

It's the only bug I have run into so far , other then that it seems to work exactly like the PC version which I also have.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

When you connect an HDMI audio device, it should show up in the Audio Preference Pane - where you'll need to select it for output. You can also use the "Audio MIDI Setup" program (hiding in Utilities folder) to configure the format. Click on the HDMI audio device in the left panel, and select the output settings for it in the right panel.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

I did all that and nothing , strange right? Wondering if it's a software glitch , USB when selected works fine , when going back to HDMI , nothing.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

A Mac will happily send audio to the HDMI port if its selected in the Audio Output Pref Pane. See if any other audio works over HDMI, say from iTunes, or a flash website. Perhaps your HDMI cable doesn't support digital audio, I believe some don't.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mjb
          A Mac will happily send audio to the HDMI port if its selected in the Audio Output Pref Pane. See if any other audio works over HDMI, say from iTunes, or a flash website. Perhaps your HDMI cable doesn't support digital audio, I believe some don't.
          Thanks but I can get Pure Music to play over HDMI no problem , same HDMI cable.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"